[NR] re: Historical accuracy was .

Meryn butrflykyssis at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 6 09:23:33 PDT 2001

*g* Many thanx to all who have posted on thys *g* I
honestly didna expect so many too. I wasnt very clear
in my fyrst post tho. :)
   I too, am in the *poor college student* catagory,
but also Im in the *recovering from divorce* financial
bog as well *ugh* But I have managed to set aside the
monies to play & continue playing. *G* My current garb
is nice enuff, just not my period. *shrug* I have been
caught up in the *get ur armour & get on the field*
mentality here lately. But alas, I broke my Bow @
Castellan (no more archery for me for a whyle :( ) *to
those that know me..YES..I broke that very nyce wooden
longbow that everyone lyked, and that I bought for a
whopin 5$ <what can I say, Im good @ Flea markets,
etc>* lol BUT I have managed to get all my armour
minus the kidnet belt & arms (which I can take care of
@ Lillies *G*) so Im lyst feild ready (no more loaner
for me *yay* Hey Slaine, cya in a few weeks, in MY OWN
ARMOUR *BG* Newayz, bka to the topic? *LOL* I thank u
all for the lynks & names of books, (now I at least
have a 'recommended reading' list) and please, keep
them coming *g* *takin notes as she reads the posts*
My goal is to have at least 2 period accurate outfits
By thys next WynterKyngdom (it wyll be my yr SCA
b-day) well..it was my fyrst TRU event anyway, if u
dont count populas...etc...So I have a good amount of
tyme to research, read, ask for help (which I do
regularly, hope I dont annoy y'all too much *g*) and
of course, get them made (ooo..fun fun for an amateur
seamstress <Ok Liadan, so I use that term VERY loosly,
I dont sew wel *g*> haha. Also, I have the oportunity
to meet Mistress Molly of Forgotten Seas, who has a
Laurel in Constuming, so I now have another to
harrass wyth questions *g* Again, I have rambled...TY
all for the help :) Slainte~ ~*Muirenn*~
whonowhashersaltshakerinhandandisgatherinthe'food' :)