[NR] Regional Bardic Revel

Lori Campbell LCAMPBEL at ossm.edu
Sun Jun 17 15:34:17 PDT 2001

Barn and I will be at Queen's Champion July 27-29th, but its fine
with us if someone from our group wants to jump in and organize a
bardic revel (or whatever). The weekend prior to Queen's is a better
date for us, but we realize that not everyone will be traveling to
Bryn Gwlad.  It would definitely be nice to have something going
during the summer months.

On the "where to have it" subject:
We did a revel last year (the Revel Without a Cause) out at Camp
Dakani and had a great time (there was food, archery, bardic,
drumming, dancing, etc.)  The site usually isn't hard to book in
the summer and has lots of things going for it:  great location,
inexpensive, a bathhouse, a small kitchen (w/ ice machine), and lots
of space to do stuff.  Last year we just put out a jar for donations
and Wiesenfeuer covered the difference between what was collected
and what the site cost.  All we would need to use Dakani is an
extremely responsible person who would commit to "autocratting"
the thing - i.e. being on site the whole time and making sure the
place is clean and OK with the camp ranger before everyone leaves
that night.

Our officer's meeting is next Tuesday the 26th, so if folks are
interested in using Dakani, let us know by then.