Topic, was Re: [NR] (no subject)

ivar at norgard.net ivar at norgard.net
Mon Jun 18 17:54:21 PDT 2001

>Perhaps we could discuss something productive, instead.  We have a fairly
>sizable newcomer contingent in Mooneschadowe just now; anyone have any
>good insight on how to cope with the timing of the no-local-event summer
>days?  (I'm assuming, here, that events are an important part of the
>early learning-about-the-SCA experience.  I think so.)

 Hmm, a group of us are hosting a revel July 13th - 15th to celebrate Bastille
Day. (It's a fun, unofficial kind of thing.) The site is only a mile or two
northwest of where NRW was held earlier this year. Camping space is available.

 I am sponsoring a rapier list, to be run by Ld. Jean Michel from Wiesenfeuer.
The prizes so far are 8 yards (or 10, I can't remember) of trim, and a dagger
made by Ld. Yoshiie. There'll also be archery, throwing things, and a number of
other things. I'll provide more details as I can.

 So, does that provide at least one small outlet?

 In Service,

 Ld. Ivar Brokksen er Kornhaskegg

--
Get your firstname at lastname email for FREE at http://Nameplanet.com/?su