[NR] Populace Activities

Lori Campbell LCAMPBEL at ossm.edu
Mon Jun 18 19:39:40 PDT 2001

> What do you all do on a monthly basis within your
> groups and how is it working?

Wiesenfeuer has 3 official meetings per month:

Populace Meeting (garb encouraged) - officer's reports, general
announcements, baronial business; attendance averages in the
40's, though lately we've had over 50 people by the time the meeting
is over; held at a local library; after the meeting folks usually
find some place to graze en masse.

A&S Meeting (garb encouraged)  - we usually work on projects
or have classes; attendance varies depending on topic; held at a
local library

Officer's Meeting - open to everyone, but is basically to give
baronial officers a chance to get to know each other, give detailed
reports and get answers to questions or get help with any problems
they might be having; no garb; held at a local Denny's (and yes,
most folks order food during the meeting).

Weekly martial practices:
Axe, knife & spear practice every Sunday at the home of our thrown
weapons marshal.
Target Archery, Chivalric & rapier combat practice are every Sunday
at a local park

Guild meetings:
At present we have two active guilds:  Leatherworkers and
needleworkers.  Both meet officially once a month at the homes of
various guild members.
Because our groups are so close together, our folks have
been known to take advantage of Namron's guild meetings
(especially middle eastern and courtly dance).