[Northern] Travel cost

upsxdls_osu at us.inter.net upsxdls_osu at us.inter.net
Thu May 17 11:08:51 PDT 2001

On Thu, 17 May 2001 11:57:18 -0500 you wrote:

> I am curious, how has the increase in gas price affected peoples travel
> plans.  I was looking at what it will cost me to go to Steppes this year
> and realized that at $1.70 a gallon and getting 20 mpg it will cost me $47
> in gas to go to Steppes.  With gas at $1.70 a gallon and the prospect of it
> increasing to over $2.00 a gallon (some predict $2.50)  this summer are you
> having to cut back?  Is it really affecting your decisions as to which
> events to attend and which to pass on?   I am just curious.
>
> Sir Burke

Milord,
I have always had to limit my events to one per month. I'm on a tight budget and
am planning to go to Pennsic.  Because of the increase in Natural Gas heating
through the winter, and now gasoline prices, I may have to stop
eventing altoghether, in order to save for Pennsic.  I've already restricted my
travel to Camps Cimarron or Will Rogers. And cut back on other expenses.

Lady Liadan of Sparrowhaven
Shire of Mooneschadowe