[NR] Moderator

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Sun May 20 04:53:22 PDT 2001

Angus Mac (angusmacn at yahoo.com) said something that sounded like:
> who is to say what goes on the list...

The list owner is the one. It is their list. As the Kingdom list admin
and the Kingdom ServerAdmin, I took action until the list owner can make
their own decision because of the potential damage to individuals and
the corporation. While this may be a rash decision on my part, I would
rather error on the side of caution. I will immediately hand control
back over when the list admin has made a decision and I will apologize
to one and all if I acted wrong in my haste.

Remember that all of these posts are archived and stored on the Kingdom
server, which is owned by the Corporation. They can easily be viewed
through a web browser. (Although the search capability is currently
lacking.) While mailing lists are not seen as official in the eyes of
the corporation, courts may not have the same opinions as to content
stored on the server.

> if my opinions are valid, and PC but opposed to
> popular opinion will they be allowed on the list.

If I am the moderator they will. I have a very hard time whenever a list
has to be moderated. As you will hopefully see, I rarely deny a post.
Usually just the act of moderation will keep *most* people from acting
hastely.

> who is to watch the watchers...

No one. That is why it is a tough job for the watchers.

Ciao,