[Northern] Travel cost

Moore, Ed Ed.Moore at okdhs.org
Thu May 17 13:22:58 PDT 2001

Ragnar delurking here
It comes down to whether the game is worth the candle.  I travelled much
of the known world when I was new to SCA.  Like most of us, I have spent
more than I could afford on SCA and suffered the consequences when
I didn't have money to pay for other wants and needs.  Put in the balance
the fun I had playing SCA was worth the cost. I might have spent the
same amount on some other recreational activity if I had not been in the
Society, but if I had invested the several thousand a year I spent on SCA
for the last twenty years I would be much closer to having enough to retire
comfortably.

Just my two cents worth
Ragnar