[NR] A few of my Favorite Things, ..er People (long)

Carl Chipman cchipman at nomadics.com
Tue May 22 22:14:07 PDT 2001

Ah Robert, the rose-coloured glasses fit so well :)  And like you I am happy
to wear them.....

The first man that really truly made me want to be a knight was Sir Iain of
Atlantia.  Hopefully he will again travel to our fair shores to participate
in Mooneschadowe's Guardian, and I hope that all who can come meet him.  In
him I found courage, skill, prowess, good humor, affection, kindess, and
paternity.  Many may remember him from the Margrave that Thorgrim won. He is
what I wish to be.

A close second to him is my own knight, Sir Asoph, who has continually grown
into his peerage becoming an even greater man than I thought could be.  He
makes me very proud and I am happy to be his squire.

As for Bards, Master Ulf is indeed the one who makes me enjoy the circle the
most.  He is always quick to include everyone and to make sure that all
attending the circle participate.  Besides him, Gunther von Shwarzvald (sp?)
and Alix from my shire, along with Owen were the ones who sparked the joy of
song in me.  Whether singing "Song of the Shieldwall" or "The Quest", all of
those people mentioned above have given me some of the best moments in the
SCA.

Robert, one thing in my mind you forgot is the courts.  I cannot count the
number of, ahem, stately courts I have been to.  But Ah, the truly joyous
courts, those are the best.  Lucais, sweet Lucais, in my mind is one of the
masters of the good court.  Owen, Etienne, you Robert, and Sir Pendaran can
make court into some of the sweetest entertainment the SCA has to offer.

I think my favorite Crown would be Daffyd and Octavia.  Octavia, who looked
so regal and composed, who indeed made me want to be a que... err I mean who
won my admiration.  Daffyd, with his crooked smile and crooked nose, and his
enormous sense of humor.  It was a treat to simply watch them.

But to digress, ah digression.  A change from those who are Great to those
who are simply wonderful.  My favorite waterbearer would be Catin :)  She
always looks out for me and makes sure I won't end up dehydrated or dead.
My favorite armourer, Master Glendour.  My most favorite Rapier fighter,
Walter Robbin.  These people make the game enjoyable for me, and often
because they are doing what is enjoyable for them.

My favorite Lady would have to be Gilyan.  Although there are many fine
ladies in this kingdom, she is the one who I choose, and fortunately enough
for me, chooses me.  Honest, loving, caring, and beautiful, she is always my
constant reminder of what is good in the game and life.

I suspect that if many of you turn and look, you'll someone similary
wonderful by your side doing the same for you.

Ld. Jean Paul de Sens,
bestower of Rose Coloured Glasses
Mooneschadowe