[NR] Wiesenfeuer Baronial Thank-you's

Reihla at aol.com Reihla at aol.com
Tue Oct 2 07:22:07 PDT 2001

Let's try this again, shall we? This time we'll even put in a message... :)

Greetings unto the populace of the Northern Region,

We hope everyone had a great time at the event last weekend!  So many people worked tirelessly to make the event a success that it is difficult to thank everyone by name.  Most likely we would need to list the majority of our active populace because we saw practically everyone working at one point or another.   From those who made and donated prizes, to the gate workers, privy patrol, set-up and clean-up crews, road and field heralds, kitchen crew, and our baronial officers who handled their parts of the event, everyone did a terrific job!  However, a few specific Thank-you’s must be said.  First, we must express our gratitude to Her Majesty Larissa for gracing our event with her presence, for being so generous with Royal recognition, and for bringing the much-needed attention of the Ansteorran Rapier Community to the North of the Kingdom.  Second, we’d owe a huge thank you and hug to Baron Uriah and Lord Annwn for their autocratting efforts.  Third, to our feast-o-crat, Lady Constance, and everyone who helped her in the kitchen throughout the day - a big Vivat!  Thanks, also, to Master Lucais who
 once again handled cabin reservations and dealt with our every “housing emergency,” and to HL Dominique for making the Crown’s cabin a welcoming and beautiful place.  Finally, our undying gratitude goes to our Seneschal, Lady Aelfwyn, for handling more than your share of crisis with professionalism no matter what time of day (or night) you were called upon.  Wiesenfeuer is a truly awesome group of people and it is our privilege to be your Baron and Baroness.

We would also be remiss if we neglected to thank all those from other groups who volunteered their time.  In thanking people specifically we’re certain to miss someone, but we’re going to try anyway.  Our thanks to:  Ld Johann and HE Ceridwen (Wastelands) who fed the Crown, M’lady Kitty (I don’t know how to spell her whole Russian name) from Northkeep who helped run the rapier list, HL Mercedes (Northkeep) who made food for the White Scarves circle, Lord Ainar and Lord Thorvald (both from Northkeep), and Lord Ivo (Mooneschadowe) for working as field heralds, and to everyone else whose help was no less appreciated despite our shortness of memory.  You all define the concepts of regional unity and camaraderie to us.

For those who have asked, the Wiesenfeuer Sewing Guild’s omelet breakfast was a success!  They raised several hundred dollars to send to the disaster relief effort in New York City (I believe they chose the United Way charity).  What an amazing thing to do on behalf of our organization!

On more of an official note, one last item should be included in the list of awards given at the event.  On Sunday morning after court we managed to track down the ever-busy Don Stephen Hawkins to present him with a hard earned Sable Comet for service to his Shire of the Wastelands.  We’re sorry this couldn’t wait until a time when more Wastelanders could be present, however, mundane circumstances being what they are Her Majesty felt (and we strongly agreed) that bestowing this well-deserved award was an immediate priority.  To Don Stephen, a big Vivat!  We’re told the entire list of awards and competition winners has already been posted (or, if not, it soon will be) so we won’t list them again here.

Again, we wanted to let everyone know how much we enjoyed last weekend and we hope all who traveled to our lands enjoyed themselves as well.  We look forward to seeing everyone again in a few weeks at Protectorate!

Barn and Kat
Baron and Baroness of Wiesenfeuer