[NR] Wiesenfeuer Baronial Thank-you's

Ivo Blackhawk ivo_blackhawk at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 3 09:25:43 PDT 2001

>Let's try this again, shall we? This time we'll even put in a message... :)

I was wondering...;)

>We hope everyone had a great time at the event last weekend!
I know that I did enjoy the event, and I have truly grown to look forward to
Wiesenfeuer Baronial, It it so nice to be able to go to an event and have as
much fun with as many people as the barony attracts. In my honest (and
humble) opinion, a job well done by all.

>...Lord Ivo for working as field heralds,

If i may.... I only heralded the first round, Lady Celeste (SP?),  I believe
heralded the third and final rounds, and the name of the herald for the
second round totally escapes me, they are due as much thanks as I.

On this note, I would like to extend a thank you to several people involved
in the days happenings Saturday. I have at this point heralded at least a
dozen light weapons tournaments, and no matter how familiar I get with the
names and faces, there are always surprises. Saturday was no exception. I
saw honor, courage and fun in huge amounts, and a good number of fights won
by what I considered the 'underdogs'. The important thing, however, is not
the win or loose, but the fun that the light weapons community brings with
it to every event. I was honored to be part of what is now one of the
largest Rapier turnouts in the north, and I must say that calling out the
names that were present saturday was an honor. Thank you one and all for
letting me take part in the tournament in my own way.

Also, Don Modius (sp?) is to be thanked specifically not only for running
the tourney, but for watching out for me during my stint as herald. He kept
my mug filled with water, and made sure that I was hydrated, and as annoying
as the constant reminders were, they are a mark of a man who know how to
take care of his people. Thanks again.

>For those who have asked, the Wiesenfeuer Sewing Guild’s omelet breakfast
>was a success!

VIVAT! and congratulations on a job well done! (That the Firefighter side of
me coming out strong! ;)

>We look forward to seeing everyone again in a few weeks at Protectorate!

Indeed!

Lord Ivo Blackhawk