[NR] Great Demo

Mike Gideon mg1m at swbell.net
Mon Oct 1 13:43:49 PDT 2001

Thanks seem so small and unworthy a word to express my feelings to all those
who took time this weekend to help Eldern with this our largest demo of the
year. But nevertheless until a better means is available to me, I wish to
express my  heartfelt thank you to the great number of our wonderful friends
from all across the
Northern Region who came to help Eldern Hills this weekend at the Lawton
International Festival.

We had a great turnout of fighters, both heavy and light and were able to
keep a large number
of spectators around list field and display area. The displays of martial
atristry and honor
impressed the watching crowds greatly.

Special thanks to the dancers, both of Court dancing and Middle Eastern
dancing, that lent of their skills to entertain the crowds while giving the
fighters a break. Your demonstrations help us to show the diversity of what
is available within this game we play.

We also enjoyed the presence of many of our friends who worked in the
display area and in the surrounding crowd. Your hard work spread the word of
the Society and of Eldern Hills to many new people. The displays of the wide
variety of  pursuits available within the Arts and Sciences gave a new
understanding to many of the public that there can be somthing for everyone
in this world of our own re-creation.

For this time, I can only voice my hearty VIVAT to our friends of the
Northern Region.

Yours in Service,
Lord Míchél mac Donnchaid
Protege to Master Artorius ap Caradoc O.P.