[NR] OU Medieval Fair Update

CLASS016@aol.com CLASS016 at aol.com
Wed Apr 3 07:43:19 PST 2002

Greetings Good Gentles and Unruly Masses!  The weekend of OU Medieval Fair (April 5, 6 & 7) hosted by the Barony of Namron fast approaches, so to a few house keeping items ...

A place to gather, i.e. revel, has been selected for Saturday night.  The gathering will take place at Buzz's Sub Shop (the castle shaped building behind Del Rancho off of Lindsey & 24th).  This is west on Lindsey, about 2 miles or so west of the Duck Pond where the Medieval Fair is held -- turn south on 24th street and look to the east and you will see the Christmas light outline of the castle wall of Buzz's.  The sub shop will be open for food purchases.  You may also bring fast food with you but please go into the "stage room" to eat.  Also, very discreet alcohol will be allow, but again take it directly into the "stage room" area.  Bring your drums, bring your dancing feet, bring your stories ... the festivities will begin when you arrive!!

Everyone should receive their parking passes today -- if you have not -- please contact me and I will make arrangements accordingly.  (Cell: 405-361-9458)  Everyone who contacted me should also have crash space settled -- if not, contact the number above.

Please be sure to bring your period-style camp chairs or blanket to sit upon, clothing for cold, hot and wet weather, sunscreen, armor, A&S and your wonderful dream of the SCA to share will 130,000 mundanes!

Basic Medieval Fair Schedule

Friday, April 5, 2001

8:00 a.m. Tent Set-Up Crew
9:00 a.m SCA Participants Arrive
Day Will Include:  Heavy Weapons Demo
  Rapier Fighting Demo
  Female Fighting Demo
  Belly or Court Dancing
  Audience Participation Games
7:00 p.m. Clean Up/Secure Site

Saturday, April 6, 2001

9:00 a.m SCA Participants Arrive
Day Will Include:  Heavy Weapons Demo
  Rapier Fighting Demo
  Female Fighting Demo
  Belly or Court Dancing
  Audience Participation Games
7:00 p.m. Clean Up/Secure Site
8:00 p.m.ish REVEL

Sunday, April 7, 2001

9:00 a.m SCA Participants Arrive
Day Will Include:  Heavy Weapons Demo
  Rapier Fighting Demo
  Female Fighting Demo
  Belly or Court Dancing
  Audience Participation Games
6:00 p.m. Clean Up/Break Down Site

If you have any questions or need further assistance please contact me at:
Medieval Fair Liaison
Bianca Sereni
MKA: Sjonna Whitsitt
Cell: 405-361-9458 • Pager: 405-961-7350
E-Mail: class016 at aol.com or sjonna at ysoc.org

Thank you so much for helping make this a wonderful demo and for going easy on a newbie during the first time coordinating anything for the SCA!  =0)

In Service,
Bianca Sereni