[NR] Elves Guild - Toy Collection & Challenge

aelfwyn at coxconnect.net aelfwyn at coxconnect.net
Sat Feb 2 06:36:29 PST 2002

Just a reminder to you all that the Elves Guild toy collection competition begins at this month's populace meeting. For those of you who weren't at last month's Populace, here's the rundown:

- At each Wiesenfeur pop meeting through November, we will be collecting toys for the Barony to take to the Toy Tourney

- The toys must be $5.00 minimum

- I will keep track of the donations, & the individual who donates the most toys (I'm keeping track numerically, not by cost) will win a cordial assortment (assuming they are 21 or older).

The reason? Well, for one thing, I'd like to give Northkeep a run for their money; they leave the rest of us in the dust year after year. The real reason? There were children in this state who were not likely to recieve any Christmas gifts last year because not enough were donated. I'd like us to do our part to change that.

In fact, I'd like to issue a challenge to all the groups in the North who participate in the Toy Tourney to start a similar competition of your own. No matter who wins in November, the real winners will be the needy children of this state. Any takers?

Aelfwyn