[NR] med faire

Deeponez at cs.com Deeponez at cs.com
Thu Feb 14 11:12:03 PST 2002

Hello:

    I have been very busy as of late, thus I have not been able to play much.
One event I look forward to each spring is Med Faire. Over the last few years
I have seen a decline in the SCA quality at this event, for many reasons.
    This year looks to be one more nail in that coffin. Why? The schedule...
   People at Med Faire are drawn to the fighting. Its that simple. Watch the
crowds. I have. They gather at the fighting and disperse at other events.
Spangs? give me a break. The SCA is not a serious reenactment org but it did
offer meat bashing. This year the crowds wont even see much of that. Too bad.
Well I see a real lack of fighters this year. Why?
 Becouse they have been alloted so little fighting time. Why show up with
armor?  Oh well maybe next year will be better. But, probably not.

P.S.    Anyone else remember those really neat revels in the loft. gone
forever. Ahhh memories of the aged.
                                          trist