[NR] Thoughts on Med Fair

Katie A Mosely kawhispers at juno.com
Thu Feb 14 19:07:45 PST 2002

I have noticed that the chivalrous behaviors had stopped, having lived in
Norman for twenty two years and gone to many med fairs, the treatment of
mundanes and new players has been a big gripe of mine. I was not
interested in the fighting when I started. I still am not much interested
in fighting unless I am participating. I prefer to see musicians, dancers
and children included in activities. We are a  family organization and
for many years our demo at Med Fair has not reflected that. The only
things I have seen are the adults participating and the children being
taken with them. This scheduling and the spang hewing I think will help
to promote the idea that we are an organization that encompasses a broad
array of talents and activities. Without  diversity, and new people who
are enthusiastic about participating in many things, the SCA as an
organization will not continue to survive.
Katyana