[NR] Thoughts on Med Fair

John Cole aethelstan at mmcable.com
Fri Feb 15 14:55:05 PST 2002

For all of you who so wonderfully supported the region and kingdom at Brad
Leah....
Remember, the demo we do at Med Fair is for the good of the region as well
as that of the SCA.....

For all of you who have caught yourselves complaining that the SCA isn't
what it used to be....
What have you done recently to encourage harmony and peace in the dream.....

For all of you who have raised a b**ch that there wasn't enough
fighting.....
There are just as many people on the side that are wondering when you're
going to get off the field so they can play a little.....

When was the last time one of you heavy fighters stopped fighting long
enough and walked the ropes in your armor, to talk with people and watch the
fire catch in someones eyes......

When was the last time you let a young school boy feel the weight of your
helm...your shield...your sword......
And see the awe for the things that you take for granted...

When was the last time...........you took the time...... before a bout and
asked a young girl if you could carry her honor to the field
And watch her dreams come true...

When was the last time you spoke with gentle speech to an elderly
grandmother
And watch the blush of youth come back into her cheeks.....

There was a time when Knights sang and Laurels served.....

There was a time when fighters danced in their armor with their ladies on
the list field......

There was a time when the peerages taught the virtues and values of ALL
aspects of the dream......

There was a time when we all got along....

There was a time when fun and friendship brought us together, not just how
much fighting we could possibly do in one day....

For all of you who have caught yourselves complaining that the SCA isn't
what it used to be.....
What have you done recently to live the dream.....

Master Aethelstan Aethelmearson, OL