[NR] Thoughts on the past

Sirbsilveraxe at aol.com Sirbsilveraxe at aol.com
Fri Feb 15 21:55:31 PST 2002

Well put your Grace;
  I believe you have struck the preverbial nail on the head.  When I look
back and see where I started at, Med Faire 1 in the passion pit in the south
oval, I realized then that I wanted what these people had, as smile on thier
face and a sparkle in thier eye, because they were doing something that they
loved and believed in.  The first person I ever fought in this game was your
Lord husband Duke John, back then only  Lord John I believe, it's been many
years.  It has been many years since we put ourselves in the position of the
spectator and not that of the combatants, yes as fighters we love the rush of
adrenaline and the thrill of the fight or the melee, but put yourself in the
position of the spectator, they know the guy in black won so someone new
comes out to fight until he is defeated, they don't understand melee there is
no defined teams just pick sides and go.  Wow, thats really interesting to
the non SCA spectator.  Yes the crowds do thin when we don't fight , but just
like our normal SCA events the event isn't over when the tourney is over.  We
need to show the average spectator much more than just the fighting.
Fighting brings in fighters, dancing attracts dancers, musicians respond to
musicians.  We are all part of the same organization and deserve the right
for representation at Med Faire.

Barn

Has anyone forgotten that Med Faires have been broken into 1 hour increments
for the last couple of years? Why the complaining now?