[NR] Ice and power outage

Geni Gorham geni_rn at swbell.net
Thu Jan 31 10:50:57 PST 2002

Baroness Ceridwen and Ld. Johann have been without electricity since
yesterday afternoon and are not sure when they will have electricity
back, prob. Sat. or later.  Their cell phones are also out and only
contact is by land phone.
Enid has been hit heavily by the ice.
Keina and Bodran have bundled up with family members, dug out camping
gear and staying warm.  She did not mention anyone else in that area,
has I hear how others are doing I will let you know.
The hosp. where Johann works is without electricity and using generators
only.  Johann gets to be on call for surgery and not have to work,
unless called in.  The power is off to the health dept. so Dwen's off
work also.
They are surviving on God's eyes for heat and coleman lanterns, since
there new home is total electric.
They survived the night well, she said thank God they camp and had all
the supplies needed to weather the storm out.
Mary Blackaxe is checking with the Camp Fire girls to check on the site
for The Company of Wolves event this weekend.  I'm sure Daniel will post
if there are any problems.  (I did hear Stillwater got about 1 inch of
ice)
Dwen said that Annwn and his lady electricity is coming on and off.
I hope the rest of you are doing better and all have heat and
electricity.

Staying warm in Tulsa,
Jessamy