[NR] Army of Heroes,Northern Chapter

Burke McCrory burkemc at cox.net
Mon Jul 22 20:15:13 PDT 2002

At 05:43 PM 7/21/2002 +0000, you wrote:

>Greetings all,
>

>Summer is here and tourney season is just around the corner. While I do so
>love a good one on one challenge, war is where I find my thoughts wandering
>to these days.
>
>Last year at Gulf War I discovered that yelling "North" over and over  had
>mixed results. The soft consanant at the beginning of the word made it hard
>to hear and to loudly give commands.
>
>I want the Army of the Northern Region to have a name. To strike fear into
>Trimaris, for bards to sing of, and to give my voice a break.
>
>So, any ideas?
>

>Sir Asoph Hearts
>Commander Northern Ansteorran Army of Heroes

I agree that the word North is hard to hear on the field.  Any name or call
word will have to be short (1 to 2 syllables) and start with a hard
sound.  It also can not sound anything like the word hold or be the same as
other well known army's or units.  it should in some way be distinctive to
the North.  Given these limitations I have two suggestions.

Gryphon's - which was the unofficial name of the army several years ago.
Kriegs Star - which if my translation is correct means fighters of the star.

Sir Burke