[NR] Figuring it out at fighter practice

Reihla at aol.com Reihla at aol.com
Wed Jul 24 08:07:38 PDT 2002

The goal is to find a war cry the whole North will want to use.  With that in mind, it would probably be in the best interests of everyone to agree on something that doesn't instantly alienate half the region.

Without going into why some people object to Gryphon, the fact is the name *already* represents a unit (or household, or whatever) and unless I missed the original purpose, the goal is to unite already existent Northern units.

If we just use a little common sense and consideration for others, coming up with a battle cry should be no big deal. I think we all realize it could easily turn into an argument if compromise isn't given by all sides.  IMO, the peace and cameraderie that has been evident in the North in the recent past has been far too welcome a change to blow it by going back to the same old crap.

Perhaps we could focus on a Star theme?  It seems to be a common element in the badges of those units who are represented.  Not all, certainly - I mean, there are no stars in Wiesenfeuer or Namron's devices :-(  - but a few of the larger units (gryphons, wolfstar, Northkeep, etc. have stars on their badge, right?).

I wouldn't mind using some other "Okie" kind of totem.  We could use a "storm" theme what with Oklahoma being famous for its turbulent and destructive weather.  Sure, Namron already has the tornado, but they *are* the oldest Barony in the North.  I'm willing to give 'em a little honor on that count. :-)  Besides, there's lots of other destructive weather elements that aren't tornadoes.  Floods, lightening.

I also am not particularly opposed to the "Kreigs" idea.  As a single, one syllable word it would suit the stated purpose just fine.  I can't remember exactly what it meant, but I'm sure someone will remind me.  Personally, I hate that it isn't in Gaelic, but that's just me.  I'm *told* it has "political" connotations, but I'm not aware of them, so it really doesn't matter, right?