[NR] Invitation to join us for a demo this Saturday, sorry for the short notice

Susan catmafia at swbell.net
Mon Jun 24 21:19:13 PDT 2002

Greetings,

First off I appoligize for the late notice. As part of Claremore's
Independence Days, the JM Davis Arms and Historical Museum will be hosting
a living history festival on June 29th called, Good Ol' Days. They will
have military reenactors from Revolutionary-Vietnam, Mountain Men, Indians,
also ones with Tin Lizzys and velocipedes and inside there will be
spinners, potters and other artisans.  I am hoping that we can have many of
our artisans out demonstrating their crafts and several period pavillions
on display.  I am extending this invitation to the rest of Northern
Ansteorra and also the groups in Calontir and Merides that surround
Northeastern Oklahoma as there should be others participating who have
interests in living history that might be interested in the SCA also and I
thought this would be a wonderful opportunity for us to participate together.

This is their second annual Good Old Days Festival and should be a
wonderful opportunity for us to have an ongoing festival to participate in
locally.  As stated above, I appoligize for the late notice and hope we can
get a fairly good turn out and make this a regular demo for the SCA. Please
let me know if you will be participating and if you will be bringing
something to demonstrate. The day will streach from 8am-5pm and I am
planning on being there for the morning hours, till it gets too hot and
then my deputy Meryn will be the main contact.  We have an area of 120' X
30' and the fighters will have one end of this for their demonstration area
and the rest is available to set up pavillions.

Please pass this on to any who may be interested,

Susan the Curious
Hospitaller
Barony of Northkeep
Ansteorra
Susan-the-Curious at swbell.net
http://northkeep.ansteorra.org/hospit/index.html

There is also a revel in the works at a member's house nearby, please let
me know if you are interested in this also.