[NR] Crown Tournament - March 22nd - 24th

HL Kainin Tepesa kainin at copycraft.com
Fri Mar 15 15:03:09 PST 2002

Greetings unto all good gentles of Ansteorra,

The spring Crown Tournament is fast approaching and I come to you
today with news of this grand day.

----------------------------
First things to remember:

I have 138 reservations left for feast, please contact me and make
your reservations today.

Merchants are welcome, so far only two have contacted me. If you want
to set up at Crown please email, I would love for you to be there.

Fighters do not forget that their Majesties have requested you bring
your honor shields. Please leave the shields at gate and we will have
them ready to display when the list starts.

Everyone bring lots of banners and displays of heraldry, their
Majesties what a bright and glorious field.

Contact me if you want to set up a pavilion around the list field, I
am unsure how that will be handled at this moment but I need a list
of who needs space.

I am afraid that due to current city issues no pets will be allowed at Crown.
----------------------------

The Barony of Bonwicke has the honor of hosting and we invite you to
come and join us. The list will be held at beautiful Comanche Trail
Park, in Big Spring, Texas in and around the Dora Roberts Center.
There is plenty of room for camping, and hotels in close proximity.
The site opens 3:00 pm, Friday, and closes at noon on Sunday. Their
Majesties will be taking letters of intent from those that wish to
fight in the Crown list but they are not required. Their Majesties
have requested that all fighters bring their Honor Shields so that
all may know who is on the field at any given time and have also
requested a grand display of heraldry from the populace. Bring your
banners, bring your shields, help brighten the field with displays of
your heraldry. A popular vote Arts and Sciences competition will be
held in the main hall during the day Saturday, no theme,
documentation is suggested but not required. There will be a feast
for 200 prepared by Master Rosario and his talented crew; feast is
wet in period containers only, the rest of the site is dry. Merchants
are welcome; all space is outdoors, please contact the steward for
reservations. The fee for merchants is a donation for the Arts and
Sciences winner's basket.

Site Fee: $10.00
Children 6-12: $5.00
Children 5 and under: Free
Family Cap: $30.00

Feast Fee: $6.00
Limited to 200 people
Contact Steward for Reservations

Please make checks payable to: SCA, Inc. - Barony of Bonwicke

Steward: Honorable Lord Kainin Tepesa - Wes Hanna
5436 31st, Lubbock, TX 79407 * 806-799-6630 * seneschal at bonwicke.org

Go to http://www.bonwicke.org/crown.htm for map and hotel information
(this site is still under construction but the map and hotel info. is
there).

Minors must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian. They may also
attend with a 21-year old or older adult with a signed and notarized
Minor Event Waiver Form from the parents.

*Please forgive any multiple postings.