[NR] Fwd: [trimaris] Calibration Issues

CelticNorthStar at aol.com CelticNorthStar at aol.com
Mon Mar 25 09:49:35 PST 2002

From: EmbassyAnsteorra at aol.com
Full-name: EmbassyAnsteorra
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 12:40:23 EST
Subject: Fwd: [trimaris] Calibration Issues
To: CelticNorthStar at aol.com

Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 14:16:23 -0800 (PST)
From: "Colete d'Evreux" <medievalbelle at yahoo.com>
To: trimaris at trimaris.org
Subject: [trimaris] Calibration Issues

Greetings list,

   I normally try to steer clear of issues such as this, but
I've thought long and hard about this and can't just leave it
be.

   This year at Gulf Wars, in the ravine battle alone, there
were a great number of injuries resulting from spear blows. Two
of them were my friends from Ansteorra... King Aaron recieved a
blow to the torso that pulled Him from the fighting for the
remainder of the war and dealing with alot of pain. The other
was a former household-sibling of mine, Viviane. She was thrown
a number of feet and knocked out cold, left with a concussion.
On the Trimarian side, I was struck with a blow that snapped my
chin-strap, bruised the left side of my face, busted my lip
open, and dislocated my jaw for the remainder of the day. These
are only 3 samples of *many* spear injuries that occoured in
that battle, much less at the whole war.
   In light of the numerous injuries and complaints I was told
of envoliving spears, I think it might be wise if we spearmen
place our weapons down, go back over the basics, and try again
with a clean slate. Though I'm confident my own claibration is
acceptable and safe, I'm more than willing to re-authorize if
that's what it takes to keep everyone in one piece. Would other
spearmen be willing to take part with me in helping to ensure
this safety? Marshals, are you willing to check calibration
prior to every melee? Steps are being taken on the Ansteorran
side... we should do the same.

My Thanks,
Lady Colete... AKA "Angelina Jolie Lips"

=====
"Whomever said blondes have more fun never met a redhead!" ~Miranda