[NR] (no subject)

fluffy at coxconnect.net fluffy at coxconnect.net
Sat Nov 16 13:29:47 PST 2002

Sorry about being late with this post, but it took me this long to remember where I put this. It came from a group that came to visit our school in Norway when I was a kid in 1975...

Code Of The U.S. Army Soldier

I am the American soldier. For the American people, my family, my fellows, my sons to come – I carry on. Born of explorers, colonists, hunters in deer skins; schooled in the wilderness, fighting for our continent – I carried on for the rights of man. Wherever I was needed, whenever I was called, I stood and delivered, I came through. I was America on the march. And now today here I come again, marching again at the same old job – same old, brand new job – marching again with all free men. I am the ring of steel around democracy; the ramparts you sing about; I am the citizen soldier; the nation in arms. I am the eyes of the cannon, the marching refrain, the brains of the tank, the nerves of the plane, the heart of the shell. I am the Liberty Bell; the salt of our youth. I am the fighting man of every outpost from Alaska to Hawaii to Korea and beyond; from Panama to Puerto Rico to Greenland and beyond. Whatever the need – for the spirit of Liberty, for the future we are making – I, the American Soldier, am the ultimate weapon.

Author Unknown