[NR] Celtic Gathering at Norman Borders

Susan catmafia at swbell.net
Thu Oct 31 23:29:57 PST 2002

I got this off of a homeschooling list I am on and thought those not
heading down to crown might be interested in this.
Susan

Celtic Gathering
Borders, Norman
Friday Nov. 1, 7:00 to 10:00 pm

This is short notice, but I thought this might make a fun free family
activity for anyone interested in Celtic music. Borders in Norman is
hosting a Celtic Gathering this Friday evening, November 1 from 7:00 to
10:00 pm. This is a wonderful evening of live Celtic (Scottish, Irish,
British traditional) music performed by both professionals and amateurs
on an array of traditional instruments such as fiddle, guitar, hammered
and mountain dulcimer (our favorites!), penny whistle and maybe even
some more unusual instruments like the bodhran (Irish drum).

These are very informal, friendly
gatherings so you'll have opportunity to see the instruments up close
and chat with the musicians. What's even better is that anyone is
invited to participate! We hope that this will become a monthly event,
so if you can't make it this time, I'll make sure to keep you updated
on future gatherings.

There are also monthly Celtic Gatherings at the Celtic Cup in OKC at
2315 North Hudson, phone 405.528.1068

Here is a web address for the Celtic OKC group calendar. It also
includes info for subscribing to their email group.