[NR] Re: August Meeting

Caius Fabius spqr_hq at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 12 10:25:49 PDT 2003

Questions.

As a long time SCA member and the first deputy seneshal of the Canton of
Three Mills in Shawnee, I have only a little experience in these things
but... WHY are the meetings always on SUNDAY?

1.  SUNDAY is one of the days for coming home from events, or even staying
at 3 day events.  Why can't we have a meeting on a weeknight so that people
who are going to events and participating in the SCA and such groups can
attend?

2.  I am not aware that a canton has any ministersa or officers, unless they
are DEPUTY officers of the sponsoring Barony, and have been "warrented" as
deputies of the Baronial officer.  A canton does NOT have a seneshal, nor a
Minister of Arts and Science, unless the Corpora and Kingdom Laws have
changed.  If they have I apologize for my confusion.

Caius Fabius (Sarmaticus)

previously
Alexandros Dietrich vom dem Einhornwald

P.S.  If the canton would like a device that has blue unicorns on a golden
field, I would be glad to transfer my device(s) to the canton, in lieu of
submitting a new device.  I don't use the device as a Roman, and it has been
passed, if people like unicorns....