[NR] New Oklahoma Tax Law and Merchants

Lee McGoodwin etienett at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 8 21:08:44 PDT 2003

Okay.... this brings up another thought....just musing
here...
I thought Church and State were suppose to be seperate
and that is why religious org., ie, Churches, were tax
exempt?   Yet, I see that any State run event is
exempt, even if the merchants at the event are not
owned or operated by the State...hmmmmm, that gives
one pause.....

Etienett

--- "Decker, Terry D." <TerryD at Health.State.OK.US>
wrote:
[snipped}
> The specific exemptions are, "Special event shall
> not include any county,
> district, or state fair or public or private
> school-sponsored event..."
> That means anything from a church bazaar to the
> world's biggest swap-meet
> are special events in this state and it makes the
> sponsor of the event, de
> facto, a "promoter."  At least until there is a
> ruling by the OTC or a court
> that this is not the case.
>
> > Bear,

=====
No light shines on the mind protected
No light shines on the fangs neglected
Run with the wolfpack.      (song lyrics)

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/seanetcafe