taverns and permits (was [NR] re: sales tax)

Ivarr Brokksson ivarr_brokksson at cox.net
Mon Aug 11 10:25:27 PDT 2003

This brings up a question I've had for some time. Would someone running a tavern
be required to have a food handler's permit (or the local equivalent thereof)?

It's been a very long time since I sat through a class for an OK county permit, but I
seem to recall it being a requirement (in OK county) that any "commercial" interest
prepping or serving food (at the time this included special events food carts) was
required to have at least one permit holder on staff.

I've contacted OK, Logan, and Payne county offices about this, with varying

A curious potential barista,

Ld. Ivarr Brokksson