[NR] Re: food sales exemption law

Lori Campbell lcampbell at oltn.odl.state.ok.us
Tue Aug 12 14:16:48 PDT 2003

> Kat, I misread the thing when I originally looked at it and was in error,
> which is why I corrected myself.

Yeah, I caught that, but I just can't resist pointing out where a law can be found for those of us who
hate not being able to find something.  The Okla. Statutes in all their different versions aren't
exactly user friendly.  It just goes to show I've probably been working in libraries too long.

I think the Kingdom's response has been entirely reasonable as far as compliance requirements go.  What
really bothers me in all this is the idea of legislation that forces our organization to serve as an
agent of the Oklahoma Tax Commission - collecting taxes on their behalf???  Not to mention that nasty
$50.00 permit fee per event which, I think, is really the state's primary income generating purpose in
all of this.

Lori Campbell
Administrative Law Tech
Cartwright Law Library