[NR] Shawnee Group Demo/Picnic/Meeting

CelticNorthStar@aol.com CelticNorthStar at aol.com
Sun Jun 1 16:58:02 PDT 2003

Good Gentles,
Greetings and I hope this missive finds all well. I am writing to all to
remind some and to Invite others to the New Shawnee SCA Group's June Meeting and
Picnic and Demo.

We being a new group that would like to get alot of our area involved have
decided to hold our June Meeting at Lake Shawnee.
We wish to invite ANYONE who would likle to come and join us, to please come
out on Sunday  the 8th Day of June AS38 being 2003 CE. We would like to put on
 areally good demo for all those who will be at the lake beach and we hope
maybe recruit some new members. We would like all kinds of people. Heavy and
Light
 Fighters, Artisans, Dancers, Bards, The more the Merrier. Time will be from
about 10 am to 6 pm with no set schedule for any activities, We will be having
a Pot Luck Lunch at 1 pm. I will be bringing  alot of hotdogs and buns and I
will also bring my big propane grill for all to use. Since this is a Public
exposure type demo Please plan to attend in Garb, But please also bring your
Bathing Suits and other toys for Water Wars in Lake. It is with the most
unfortunate News that the shipyard has informed me that the TMS DanishStar Shall not
be out of Dry Dock before next weekend. All Shawnee Members we will have our
June Meeting probably after lunch, Check with Halldor our Seneschal. We hope to
see everybody there next sunday for a really great time and the last practice
before Lilys War.
Ld Gaelan
Minister of Art/Sci
New Group of Shawnee

Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thought I would forget this did ya?????? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Directions to the Lake:

Take I-40 to Exit 178, ( this will be Hwy 102) Go south on Hwy 102 2.2 miles
to the Shawnee Twin Lakes Sign and Entrance. Turn right and follow road past
ranger station and go across dam to the fork in the road. Bear to the left at
the fork and go to the first driveway on the left. This is the entrance to the
west beach. We shall be there somewhere. If you are coming from Norman or
other Points in the area of hwy 9 you cane go east on hwy 9 to hwy 102, go north
5.8 miles to Shawnee Twin Lakes Entrance and turn Left and follow above
directions.