[NR] Request for Demo Assistance

Carl Chipman cchipman at nomadics.com
Mon May 12 08:03:02 PDT 2003

I'm not aware of how many people know this, but the Special Olympics is
held in Stillwater every year in the week following finals. For many
years (although not in the last two) Mooneschadowe has run a demo where
the kids get to "Fight a knight" figuratively speaking, and hit a bunch
of guys in armour with boffer weapons.

In some ways, its truly the most grueling demo I've ever done, as there
are literally 40 or 50 kids at a time in line waiting, and some of them
are good, and quite a few of them are strong, and the only thing you get
to do is block, block, block and then get hit and fall down.

Its also one of the most enjoyable demos that there is to do, as the
kids have great amounts of fun, and you get to go away feeling like you
do something great, which you do.

If anyone has a chance and could help out, fighting, waterbearing,
marshalling, whatever, please feel free to e-mail or call me, and I'll
give out directions.

The demo will be this Thursday, May 15th, all day long on the Campus of
Oklahoma State University.

Centurion Jean Paul de Sens

Carl Chipman
Nomadics, Inc.