[NR] SCA liscence plates & Sales Tax for Event Issues

Cellach Ferguson cellach at breezykilt.com
Sun Apr 18 00:51:07 PDT 2004

If SCA plates were available, I'd likely get one.  But, think of it this
way: You and I pay for the state to go through the legal process of
this, not to mention the design, manufacture and distribution of these
plates.  In the end, will they ever sell any more than, say, 500
plates?  Honestly, it's not likely.  I love to display my membership in
the SCA and I do so through the window sticker on my car.  However, in
this time of financial crisis for the State of Oklahoma (mostly due,
frankly, to gross mismanagement) I find it a true waste of money.  The
taxpayers of Oklahoma would probably rather pay for necessary things.

Sorry to annoy anyone with this, but, I feel that a sense of fiscal
responsibility needs to be applied to state government.  A few hundred
license plates would not pay for the cost of creating them.  We're still
trying to pay for that preposterous Capitol Dome, for heaven's sake!
(No money for the roads, but millions for that kind of ridiculous
frivolity.)

My rant is complete.  Thanks for listening!

Cellach Ferguson