[NR] looking for info for Tax info dealing with merchants

Cellach Ferguson cellach at breezykilt.com
Fri Jan 30 17:51:26 PST 2004

Burke is correct.  It's not the $50 fee or even the fees that the individual
merchants must pay that's killing us.  Rather, it's the potential to have to
act as a tax collector.  I'd prefer not to be an agent of the State of
Oklahoma.

At Namron Protectorate, we did have merchants.  However, we were not
prepared to have anyone merchant that didn't already hold an Oklahoma Tax
Permit.  We simply were NOT about to be in the "revenuein' business".

When I spoke to the State about it, they said they were caught by surprise.
Apparently, groups like the SCA were never the target of the law.  They did,
however, lump us in and now have to deal with it.  The OK tax commission is
snowed under.  The only thing they can manage to do (of course) is to accept
our fee payments.

Cellach Ferguson