[NR] A Question For The Chivalric Fighters....

Carl Chipman cchipman at nomadics.com
Wed Jul 28 08:36:07 PDT 2004

Fun questions :

1) Personally, I'm indifferent to the multiple/single fields as a fighter.
As a spectator (and occasional photographer) I prefer the single field
unless the list is really big ( say over 30 people).

2) what gets me is the "half-hour between rounds".  I know it can be
difficult to list mistress, but there are MANY ways to accomplish so that it
doesn't happen.  Most of it involves the setting up the tournament before it
starts.  When Gilyan and I ran the Eldern Hills list two years ago, we
actually had the problem that there wasn't enough time between rounds (sorry
Burke).

3)  Although the things you mention are all good, I think paying attention
to #2 above has the greatest effect.  Long delays between rounds combined
with cold armour contribute to fighter grumpiness.

4) 20x20 is absolute minimum IMO, but I'm a "jumpy" fighter.

5) Yes to both.  I think it'd be a fantastic to have more weapon racks (I
own one) and the benches would be great to allow people to sit down and
watch without obscuring the view for the people under the pavilions.

Thanks for asking,
Jean Paul

Carl Chipman
Nomadics, Inc.