[NR] A Question For The Chivalric Fighters....

Herndon, Darin DHerndon at bswintl.com
Thu Jul 29 11:44:56 PDT 2004

>From a herald perspective I would add one comment to the general
discussion.

At the last Crown Tournament it rained.  A lot.  We discovered in the
first round that the pairings cards were going to get too wet for the
list mistress to continue to use them with any semblance of order.  At
that point, we started leaving the pairings cards with the list mistress
and each herald got a sheet of paper with the pairings for their field
written on it.

For most occasions, the herald using the cards of the list mistress is
not a problem.  But where bad weather (including wind on an otherwise
nice day) can interfere with the paper trail, then keeping the list
mistress' records and the heralds' papers separate may add to efficiency
by avoiding disaster (though I will admit that the writing of the extra
sheets added a couple of minutes).

In a tree format as Seiur Jean-Paul wrote, this is not an issue because
the list mistress keeps the tree and cards are with the herald.

Etienne
(who once, and only once, fought and heralded and list ministered in the
same tourney; never again...)