[NR] Upcoming Japanese themed event hosted by Barony of Vatavia, Calontir

Stephanie Jordan strgleam at swbell.net
Wed Mar 10 21:36:14 PST 2004

Konnichiwa
I was kindly asked to post the following information on behalf of Alcyoneus from our friends to our north in the Barony of Vatavia in Calontir. My husband Aiden and I plan on attending and hope to see some of you there =)

In Service
Ichikawa no Masako (formally Sorcha)
Barony of the Eldern Hills

MARCH OF THE RISING SUN
Japan Invades Korea

Hosted by The Barony of Vatavia
April 3, 2004
1st Presbyterian Church Camp
9601 W. 73rd North, Wichita KS

Site opens at 8:00 AM, closes at 9:00 PM

Come join us for the Japanese Invasion of the Korean Peninsula in 1592.

Fighting: Spear Tournament, Warlord Tournament, melees and
authorizations.
Inspections begin at 9:30 AM. Best Seppuku to be judged.

Archery: Archery shoots will be held.

Best Seppuku in any Medium to be judged.

Art and Sciences Competitions: Best Japanese or Korean in any Medium
(Populace Choice), Best-Dressed Japanese and Korean Person
(Fighting and Non-fighting).

Bardic Competition: Best Haiku

Feast: Bring your own meat, the Barony will provide Sushi, soup, rice
and
tea.

Court at Their Majesties?pleasure.

Merchants are welcome.

Site Details: Site is dry. Site Fee is $10 ($3 Non-Member Surcharge),
Feast
$3. Checks payable to SCA Inc ?Barony of Vatavia?br>
Directions: Take best route to I-135 in Wichita. Follow I-135 to the
north
edge of Wichita, to K-96 west. Continue on K-96 to Ridge Road. Take
Ridge
Road north to 73rd St. North. Turn left on 73rd St. Look for SCA signs
and
the 1st Presbyterian Family Camp.

Event Stewards:
Lady Elspeth Lillian of York (Anna Lenhart)
2728 S. Magnolia, Wichita, KS 67217
316-204-0564

Lady Ida Lundy (Ida Purkey)
1002 Coolidge, Wichita, KS 67203