[NR] Reeve-a-Thon

April Gillilan agillilan at swbell.net
Wed May 5 08:09:17 PDT 2004

That's right, as horrible as it may sound to some people, I'm going to
try and keep it as pleasant and entertaining as possible! :-) At
Eldern's event this month (May 21-23) I am planning on teaching several
classes for treasurers or other interested people.

There will be the traditional Reeve's Class for anyone who is a reeve
and hasn't had the class, anyone who wants to be a reeve, anyone who is
on the financial committee of a group that has not had the class, or
anyone who is just interested and wants to learn more. :-)

I will also teach anyone who is interested how to fill out the report
forms in Excel. We can go through a whole year and encounter several
different possibilities and trouble spots. If you are into logical
thinking and troubleshooting, this would be a fun class for you!

We will also discuss possible fundraising activities or inventory
purchases for groups that want to raise more money. If anyone just has
some off-the-wall questions, or might be interested in being a reeve one
day, come on by and see how easy it is! Remember, next to the seneschal,
the reeve holds the most power in a group! :-) <evil grin> bwahahahaha

Last, but certainly not least!, there will be bribes! I mean, uh.
snacks!  :-)  In an effort to blatantly steal good ideas, I am going to
follow Baron Robert's example of having a 'thank you' luncheon for all
the local reeves who have had to put up with me for the past two and a
half years. :-) Even if you haven't been a reeve, come on by and talk
about reeve-type stuff and you'll get free food! I may even ask my Mom
to bake some cookies or cakes or something. :-)

Hope to see lots of people, and get lots of questions,

HL Gilyan Clonmacnoise

Wicked Reeve of the North