[NR] [Fwd: timeline]

vscribe at ansteorra.org vscribe at ansteorra.org
Wed Nov 24 14:33:24 PST 2004

I do not have an email address for your region's hospitaler so if someone
could please forward this along to them I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!
HL Chiara

Subject: timeline
From:    "clark5" <clark5 at junct.com>
Date:    Wed, November 24, 2004 11:59 am
To:      vscribe at ansteorra.org

Hello, I am interested in several things and as of yet I have not been
able to find just the right person for some answers.  First of I would
like to know whom I might contact in becoming a member of the SCA?  I
would also like to know more about the Kingdom of the area I live here in
Okla.  Then I am also interested in Pennsic War and would this
Kingdom of Okla. have people camping there.  I am a colonial re-enactor of
1750.  My boyfriend and I have been to a lot of  Ren. faires and don't
seem to find any serious ren. re-enactors.  Could someone please direct me
in my search?  When I say serious, I am talking about being period correct
in dress, camp, equipment whether of war or daily living. The next topic I
would like to address if on a Timeline encampment.

The Shawnee Branch Rendezvous, Miami, Ok. (N.E. Okla.)  is putting on a
timeline for school children March 23, 24, 25 and camp will continue until
the 27th.  We have tried to bring history alive for these children and
have succeeded in doing this and we are still bringing in more and more
schools every year.  Our timeline has only been from 1700 to 1890 for the
past 5 years.  These children have been more than willing to learn about
living history.  Our club wanted to give the children more. Vendors are
welcomed but please have items that would be suited for the kids, as well
as, for the other campers. Children come in about
9:00-2:30 on these days.   We would like to have 4 or more camps doing
daily activities and/or life skills.  We will provide water, wood, modern
camping permitted, and there will be potlucks, entertainment, etc.  There
is no camp fee at this event.  I think that covers my
questions and I hope you will have questions for me, as well.  Hope to
hear from you soon. Vickie Clark