[NR] Roads Into Camp Cimmaron

Ulf Gunnarsson ulfie at cox.net
Fri Oct 8 00:19:56 PDT 2004

Valstarr wrote:
>    I understand there has been some changes to the
> roads going into Camp Cimmaron. Could someone please
> re-post how to get in to site coming from the east/
> northesst?

They have closed the old road that was about one hundred feet east of
the bridge over the Cimarron River on Hwy 33 outside of Coyle.  Or at
the very least have it quite torn up.

Do not dispair, for there is another road one mile east of it.  The road
is also a "B" road, but is fairly level.  Head south on it about half a
mile, then turn west again.  In about a quarter of a mile you will be at
the entrance to the campgrounds.

We are placing signs out, but please remember that signs are considered
a source of free plywood to some people, and may disappear suddenly to
reappear months later, in pieces, at some arts and crafts show in that
area.

The entrance to the site is at Lat. 35.97028, Long. -97.2177, give or
take a little.  A little-used mapping tool put out by the government can
be found at:
http://tiger.census.gov/cgi-bin/mapsurfer
...or just hit mapquest at:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=decimal&latitude=35.97028&longitude=-97.2177