[NR] Roads Into Camp Cimmaron

Deborah Sweet dssweet at okstate.edu
Fri Oct 8 06:48:46 PDT 2004

>Do not dispair, for there is another road one mile east of it.  The road
>is also a "B" road, but is fairly level.  Head south on it about half a
>mile, then turn west again.  In about a quarter of a mile you will be at
>the entrance to the campgrounds.

This road is Hackleberry/Hackleman - I can never remember the exact name.

For those traveling WEST on HWY 33, here's another method for finding that
road.

HWY 33 is incredibly straight for many many miles. Then within about two
miles of the river there are these big curves, first left, then right for
another straight stretch before plunging downhill to cross the river.

Do the left turn but slow down because just immediately after the right
turn of HWY 33 is where Hackleman Rd is located. Turn left/south. Travel
to first intersection, turn right/west. Go about a quarter mile to
entrance, turn left.

We've been using this route into Cimarron for many years - much nicer than
traveling up that nasty dirt/mud road from the river.

Estrill