[NR] Another Classic: Song of the Shield Wall

Rebekah of Stonehaven child_o_temperance at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 20 17:19:12 PDT 2004

Valstarr,

Song of the Shield Wall by Malkin Gray (Debra Doyle) and Peregrynne Windrider (Melissa Williamson).  Song of the Shielf Wall is allowed in written form.

Born on the List Field was written by Master Ivar Battleskald.  By request of the author, the lyrics and music to that piece are not to be passed in written format.

Rebekah of Stonehaven (Calontiri)

Greetings!
A thread on the kingdom list reminded me of some
posts I had a few months ago from a long-ago
Namronite.
He wasnted me to check and see if it was
(Duke?Count?) Sir Finn that wrote "Song of the Shield
Wall."
His recollection was that. if Sir Finn was the
author of the song, it is to only be passed along by
word of mouth, as mentioned by some in the kingdom
thyread about 'Born on the List Field'.
A printed version of the song about the shiled wall
is online on a SCA group's website (that I'll not post
the link to here, in case the concern is correct.)
Would one/some of the bards familiar with the
situation let me know? E-mail off-list is fine.

Thanks!
Valstarr
http://mail.yahoo.com