[NR] Combined practices

Carl Chipman cchipman at nomadics.com
Wed May 18 09:16:37 PDT 2005

Whoops.  Yah I'd forgotten about that.  I suspect our natural desire to have a regional just kinda "glommed on" to your three group's combined practices...

So, what to do?

1) I think the number of people turning out shows a desire for regional practices. There were 25+ fighters and another 25+ attendees last weekend.  Great weather helped of course :)

2) It would be smart NOT to try to have a regional practice the same weekend that the three central groups are having their monthly combined practice.  The idea is to all get together and beat each other up, not split apart and beat each other up...

3) It probably (?) wouldn't bug the three central groups if us out-of-townies just showed up at their combined practices...

4) Odds are, the combined practice and a regional practice are going to fall on the same weekends, just do to the fact that there are enough northern events (2 per month) that its probably gonna happen.

My suggestion?  Eh, no good ones.  Have the NRKM schedule the regional practices and move em around the region.  Have the 3 central groups schedule their combined practices.  If they conflict, attempt to work it out.

I don't see another better solution.

Jean Paul

Off to buy tickets for "Revenge of the Sith"   (please be good please be good please be good)

Carl Chipman
Nomadics, Inc.
cchipman at nomadics.com
http://www.nomadics.com

--snip--

While I agree with the sentiment, it isn't exactly why we started this.
We realized that Skorragard and Wiesenfeuer and Namron had practices
about the same time on the same days and they were all less than forty-
five minutes from one another.  Since these three groups were so close,
it was fairly easy to get the fighters and supporting populace to commit
to the drive.

--snip--

Baron Ulf
Namron