[NR] Prynhawn da

Ulf Gunnarsson ulfie at cox.net
Thu Aug 24 19:51:34 PDT 2006

Syr Owen ap Aeddan ap Trahaearn ap Llewellyn ap Gruffudd ap Gwent ap
Bredd ap Camden ap Anarward wrote:
> As for me I have a very important announcement I will be stepping down as
> Northern Regional Knight Marshal. I would like to hand the office over to my
> replacement before the Triumphe of the Eclipse. Please send applications to
> the Kingdom Earl Marshal and myself. Please send these soon as prospective
> applicants will need to be interviewed. I would like to thank all of the
> excellent Knight Marshals that I have worked with over the years. I would also
> like to thank the chivalric fighters as well is has been a great time. If you
> are interested in the office but want to know what the duties are please drop
> me a line and I will answer any questions you might have.

Many people have held offices in the S.C.A., and we are fortunate that
many of those were held by competent people volunteering a regular slice
of their time and dedicating a bit of their personal energy.  Their
efforts over the course of one or two dozen months allow the rest of us
to pursue our leisure activities with a non-leisurely fervor.

Syr Owen has given more than that, not only in all the above-mentioned
areas, but in the sheer enthusiasm he creates in himself and in others.
All the groups he's worked with or fought with have benefited from this.
If you go to fighter practice these days, there's a fair chance you'll
find at least one knight there, ready to train and ready to learn.  If
it is Syr Owen, you'll know before you see him because you'll hear that
deep laugh of his, taking pleasure in what to others is a task.

Owen, you have my thanks.  It's a shame you're not Norse.

Baron Ulf,
Namron