[NR] People who are not period but say they are

Jean Paul de Sens jeanpauldesens at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 13:19:09 PDT 2006

While I certainly wouldn't give your grace a hard time, I have no problem
giving my brothers and sisters of the chivalry a gentle ribbing about, ahem,
Ansteorran double-knit.

:)

JP

On 9/13/06, willowjonbardc at juno.com <willowjonbardc at juno.com> wrote:

> I would like to comment on sweatpants. Many of the Knights wear them.
> My husband wears them and get no grief from the knights and Pelicans.
> Now I get grief from the Laurels.They think I should do better.
> Laurels and apprentices are suppose to wear a higher level of
> costuming. Because in the SCA we learn by sharing and seeing. When we
> look at a Laurel or a Laurel want to be or someone clothed by a Laurel
> the populace assumes that it is period wear. Nobles and Peer need to
> be at a higher level because they set the standards. People think it
> is very unfair if they get criticize for doing something that someone
> on a higher level gets away with.
> Willow

I want to fight and to strive, to vie with my opponents and friends, and at
the end of the day cry out "ENOUGH!!! For I can lift my arms no longer"

That is what is good in life.