[NR] Gothic War

Syr Owen ap Aeddan syr_owen at nordsteorra.org
Wed Aug 22 00:07:57 PDT 2007

These are the words that our great Baron spoke:

"Unto the good populace of the Barony of Namron and the Canton of
Skorragardr and our neighbors and friends throughout the region do I,
Baron Donnchadh, send greetings.

By now, many of you may have heard of the growing strife between HE
Kainin Tepesa, Baron of Bonwicke, and HE Armand Dragonetti, Baron of
Elfsea.  HE Armand has cast many disparaging remarks concerning HE
Kainin's stewardship of the lands of Bonwicke and has even sullied the
honor of the fair Baroness Oriana.  Even now he gathers around him an
army to march on Bonwicke in just a few short weeks.  He *claims* that
this is just a test of HE Kainin's readiness, but he then talks of
ruling over those lands should Kainin fall.  He promises those who would
fight with him lands and spoils of war, and threatens those who would
not help him with taxes.  I ask you, does this sound like honorable intent?

HE Kainin has called for his friends and those who would not be next on
the "Bloody Baron's" list of annexation to join him in the defense of
Bonwicke.  He offers no payment other than the glory and honor that
comes with fighting for a just cause.  He also offers no threats for
those who do not answer his call.

So what shall our answer be?  Shall we join with the Bloody Baron in
hopes of the spoils of war?  Shall we join HE Kainin in the defense of
Bonwicke and put a stop to this rampage?  Or should we just sit in our
comfortable homes and pretend that none of this affects us?

I know where MY heart lies.  What say YOU good people?"

In Service to Crown and Kingdom,
Donnchadh Beag mac Griogair
Baron of Namron
Lord of Skorragardr

I would add my own words, I have travelled throughout the lands of Namron and
Skorragardr. I have chased the Trimaris raiders as they have been spotted in
our fair lands. It has been many years since the Blackstar made war with the
Golden Stag of the Outlands. I have rushed to the rescue of the Western region
many times myself and counted the baron of Elfsea as a strong and able ally in
the defense of the Western lands. It seems every year something calls forth the
army of Ansteorra to defend the Western Region. I think with all he has
witnessed from the Baron of Bonwicke his fears of a defenseless border are not
unfounded. As our good and noble Barat can attest the job Kainin has taken upon
himself to Chronicle for our mighty Kingdom is no easy task. Yet he somehow
manages even though his lands have been almost taken from him the last several
years. I have had words with my brother Centurion Baron Armand and the idea
that this is for conquest appears to only be in the mind of a Baron who has not
taken the time to manage his own estates and instead appears to only curry
favor from the crown. Baron Armond steps down as Baron soon I believe his goal
is to test the mettle of the Western Region and remind baron Kainin what his
primary task should be. I would like to lend my sword and shield to the cause
of Elfsea however my good baron and friend I am your protector and will go and
protect you wherever you choose to fight.

Syr Owen ap Aeddan Grand Protector of Namron