[NR] Volunteering At Gulf War

Carla/Ciana cianaoh at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 22 10:01:35 PST 2007

Greetings Ansteorra,

I am coming to you as the Ansteorran Coordinator for Volunteer Point at
Gulf War XVI. Volunteering IS a War Point. If you are not a fighter,
 chivalric or rapier, or even if you are and you want to help our Kingdom
 win the war point......VOLUNTEER!!

 Some other benefits to Volunteering are:

 1. for every two (2) hours you volunteer you receive a ticket for the
 raffle on Saturday night (the items are donated by the wonderful
 merchants);
 2. after fifteen (15) hours you can pick an item off of a special table at
 Volunteer Point; and
 3. YOU can choose where your volunteer hours go. This means that you can
 give your hours to your local SCA group, or any Official SCA group of your
 choosing, and at the end of the war your chosen group will receive money
 from Gulf and this money is determined by the amount of hours the group
 has listed.

 Are you new to Gulf Wars
.you want to help and do not know what you can
 do

or do your child(ren) want to help with the War effort??? Here are
 just a few places you can volunteer:

 1. Children’s Activities,
 2. Waterbearing (kids can help with a parent),
 3. Troll,
 4. Nasty-Crat (kids can help with a parent & DOUBLE POINTS), and
 5. Security

 For a complete list come by the Volunteer Point Tent which is near the
 Castle at Gulf.

 If everyone at Gulf puts in just an hour or two of their time during the
 week it would make everyone’s war just that much more fun!!

 So how about it
.come out and help, not only to make the war easier and
 more fun for everyone but so that we can win the Volunteer War Point.

 Can’t wait to see everyone there

 In Service,

 Ly Ciana O’Hara
 Barony of Northkeep