[NR] 12 Hour War Still On - Related Question

Mike meggiddo at netzero.net
Fri Jan 19 08:33:58 PST 2007

Hi,

On the Related Question on Adding more Melee Events between now and Gulf
Wars. This is an excellent question. At the moment, I do not have a
answer other than look at the Calendar and attempt to select a date. I
will bring it up with both the Baron of Steppes, Sir Mahdi and the
Steward of the 12 Hour War, Cionaodh O'Hosey.

The date of January 19th through January 21st was selected as the best
possible one that would have the least impact on other regions in regard
to attendance vs. the number of good gentles who would be attending the
only other event on the Calendar on this weekend, King's Round Table
event, also being held in Central Region.

I know that there are not enough Melee/War events in this Kingdom and I
would like to see more. The Melee events are at the end of the year.
Especially with all aspects of combat forms being involved - heavy,
missile, siege, etc..., plus if there is room and interest from the
light side as well. Although I realize that there are many who do both
or as many different types of combat forms.

The only Melee event on the Calendar is - Coastal Invasion at the end of
February.

I have been in discussion about holding a Melee practice down here in
Steppes with the Central Knight Marshal and various good gentles here in
DFW area. The target date would be: March 4th at Steppes regular fighter
practice where combat archery would also be included, which had been
held for the last 4 years. Response has been good for that weekend.

Ld Michael Kettering
Steppes KM