[NR] Trouble in the Kingdom

John Cole master_aethelstan at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 27 08:00:14 PDT 2007

Unto my most wonderful Baron of Namron,

  Lo, do I see before me...... (sorry wrong quote)

  I would suggest caution, and readiness. While it is know that the *current* Lord of Elfsea does have ambitions, his time is short. Already does the King know of his actions and seeks to come and surplant him with another. Is this in some way, a desperate move to gain riches and security to bolster him in his days of wandering? I think that the Lord of Elfsea must be mad. In truth to "test" the western border? I have traveled into the west most recently and aside from the wealth that the talents of her peoples bring her, the west is, in truth, barren. The main crop is dust and the main heards are both strange and terrable. They move not overly much, and seem as to suck the life blood from the earth. I inquired as to what the name of such a vile and loathsome beast may be. I was informed that they are the terrible Eisenterrapeckers.

  Patience my good Baron, strife and confusion is comming to Elfsea. Let the mad Baron of Elfsea wage "testing" on the dry and dusty lands of the west. His time is short, and *his* lands will soon be prime to pluck and pop into the maw of the sable storm. Let the bloody baron wage armed conflict on the dreaded heards of the terrible eisenterrapeckers.

  It is also rumored that the bison bedecked lands will also, soon, be in a time of turmoil. Patience, my good baron, wait for the approprait time, and we may then find our way clear to head south onto the rich central plains.

  Ulph

Donnchadh Beag mac Griogair <donnchadh at cornelius.norman.ok.us> wrote:
  Unto the good populace of the Barony of Namron and the Canton of
Skorragardr and our neighbors and friends throughout the region do I,
Baron Donnchadh, send greetings.

By now, many of you may have heard of the growing strife between HE
Kainin Tepesa, Baron of Bonwicke, and HE Armand Dragonetti, Baron of
Elfsea. HE Armand has cast many disparaging remarks concerning HE
Kainin's stewardship of the lands of Bonwicke and has even sullied the
honor of the fair Baroness Oriana. Even now he gathers around him an
army to march on Bonwicke in just a few short weeks. He *claims* that
this is just a test of HE Kainin's readiness, but he then talks of
ruling over those lands should Kainin fall. He promises those who would
fight with him lands and spoils of war, and threatens those who would
not help him with taxes. I ask you, does this sound like honorable intent?

HE Kainin has called for his friends and those who would not be next on
the "Bloody Baron's" list of annexation to join him in the defense of
Bonwicke. He offers no payment other than the glory and honor that
comes with fighting for a just cause. He also offers no threats for
those who do not answer his call.

So what shall our answer be? Shall we join with the Bloody Baron in
hopes of the spoils of war? Shall we join HE Kainin in the defense of
Bonwicke and put a stop to this rampage? Or should we just sit in our
comfortable homes and pretend that none of this affects us?

I know where MY heart lies. What say YOU good people?

In Service to Crown and Kingdom,
Donnchadh Beag mac Griogair
Baron of Namron
Lord of Skorragardr