[NR] New and Renewed

E. Dawson Schachter wolf.of.westernesse at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 12:35:39 PDT 2007

Good Gentles,

I sent a message out on this list once before, at a time when my job
suddenly became rather hectic, and unfortunately, I have switched
computers and do not have any of the responses saved. Work has settled
(finally) and my girlfriend has nagged me into requesting information
once more in the hopes of ACTUALLY getting involved in the local SCA
groups this time. I hail originally from the Kingdom of the West, most
specifically the Principality of the Mists, and was privileged to grow
up as part of an SCA family, and therefore know quite well how hard it
can be navigating a new community without first meeting the local
regulars. From my experience, fighter practice is the place to meet
people and learn about the area, so I'm assuming that's true here as
well. We live in Purcell, OK (closest, I believe, to the Barony of
Namron) and work in Oklahoma City...could anyone direct me toward a time
and place near either (or both) of those areas where we might attend a
fighter practice or two and meet people and learn about the local SCA world?

My better half has also requested that I make inquiries as to the nature
of the Equestrian world in these parts? She's a horse-person of
consummate skill and is interested in learning the finer arts of
medieval horsemanship. Any information anyone can provide would be much
appreciated.

Thank you all for your time and any assistance you can provide.

With Sincerest Gratitude,

Dawson (newest SCA soon to come)