[NR] A question for those who fight in honor of others

zubeydah at northkeep.org zubeydah at northkeep.org
Wed May 30 12:30:17 PDT 2007

There was some discussion a number of weeks back, about ladies and the
chivalry -- I think Dutchess Willow was discussing the topic -- that had to do
with the behaviour of ladies and how it affects the gentlemen who fight on
their behalf.

So my question for those gentlemen who fight in honor for a Lady would be this:

What one aspect, behavior, action or demeanor of a Lady most inspires you when
you stand upon the field, fighting on their behalf?

(I am not differentiating between chivalric or heavy weapons or archery or..
etc. Just.. combat of any kind)

(I ask, because I'm holding a Tea/Salon for young ladies on the topic of Being
a Lady... and in some cases, there are gentlemen who fight bearing their favor -
 sometimes brothers, sometimes fathers, sometimes household members.)

Ever curiously,

Zubeydah Jamilla al-Badawiyya